Albany Place Dental Practice provide treatment under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
Information On the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
The following information has been prepared to allow patients to better understand the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
- The CDBS is available to eligible children between the ages of 2-17 for basic dental services. Please note that this does not include cosmetic or orthodontic work.
- Eligible families, teenagers and approved care organisations will receive a letter to confirm their eligibility. Please contact Medicare on 132 001 to check for you/your child’s eligibility under this scheme.
- A $1000 benefits for basic dental services is provided under the schedule. The $1000 is capped over 2 consecutive calendar years and any balance will be carried over from the first year to the second year. However, no balance will be carried over at the end of the second year.
Use of CDBS at Albany Place Dental Practice
The process involved in using the Child Dental Benefits Schedule at our practice is as below:
- After confirming your eligibility under the CDBS, please make an appointment with us for an initial examination. Do let our staff know that you are eligible for dental benefits under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
- Please bring your Medicare card on the day of the appointment as we will require your Medicare details in order to offer treatment under Medicare.
- Prior to the start of the appointment, a consent form will need to be filled out and signed.
- Initial examination, cleaning and x-rays for diagnostics and treatment planning will be carried out on the first appointment. This initial appointment for the examination, cleaning and x-rays will be bulk billed (no gap).
- From the initial examination, a treatment plan will be proposed and discussed with you by one of our dentists. The associated fees will also be outlined. A consent form needs to be signed after this discussion.
- At your child’s next appointment, another consent form will have to be filled out and signed prior to the start of the dental treatment. This is done in accordance to Medicare guidelines.
- Our practice offers electronic claiming for treatment performed under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule. Payment needs to be made on the day of the treatment and our staff can then do an electronic claim on the payment through your nominated account with Medicare. Medicare will then reimburse the payment into your nominated bank account.
If you require further information regarding the use of CDBS at our Albany Creek dental clinic please contact us on 07 3264 2650.
*Benefits claimed under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule is not claimable from private health insurers for the same dental service.